Protecting You From The Bill Collectors
The businesses you owe money to don’t care if you have food on your table or a roof over your head. They just want their money and they will stoop to any level to get it back from you. Fortunately, you do not have to put up with creditor harassment.
At the law firm of Marcus H. Herbert & Associates in Paducah, Kentucky, you will find a team with more than 20 years of experience taking on creditors. The creditor harassment will stop as soon as we file your case. It has to.
The law states that all collection activity, from phone calls to letters, must stop as soon as the creditor has notice that you are being represented by a lawyer in connection with your debts. They must direct all communication about your debts to us. That means no more debt collector abuse or harassment.
Things That Creditors Cannot Do to You
The Fair Debt Collection Practices Act outlines things that creditors cannot do. Regardless of whether or not you actually file bankruptcy, creditors cannot commit harassment by engaging in conduct such as:
- Telling neighbors, friends or family members about your debt
- Failing to identify themselves as creditors when they call
- Calling you before 8 a.m. or after 9 p.m. local time
- Calling you at work if you have requested them to stop doing so
- Using profane or abusive language or threats of force
- Attempting to make you pay more than you actually owe
- Threatening lawsuit, wage garnishment or arrest
If creditors commit any of these forms of harassment against you, our lawyers can take action on your behalf. We will file a lawsuit against them if necessary.
If you file for bankruptcy, creditors can take no action. They cannot attempt to collect, foreclose on your home or repossess property. We will take action if they do.
A Free Consultation About Stopping Creditor Harassment
We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.