Is Filing For Bankruptcy The Right Decision?
If you are considering filing for bankruptcy, there are a few questions you need to ask before you make a decision:
- Is your home in foreclosure?
- Are you unable to pay your bills and cover your living expenses?
- Are you being harassed by creditors ?
- Has one of your creditors filed a lawsuit against you?
- How much dischargeable debt do you owe?
- How many dependents do you have?
- What savings and assets do you have?
Depending on the answers to these bankruptcy questions, filing bankruptcy could offer you substantial benefits. It can help you fight home foreclosure or asset repossession. It can help you get rid of your debts and get a fresh start on your financial life. Our experienced bankruptcy lawyers can help you make the right decision.
Complicating Factors in Bankruptcy
While bankruptcy is a helpful tool for many people facing overwhelming amounts of debt, it is not right for everyone. The type of bankruptcy you file will depend upon a variety of considerations including whether you:
- Have enough assets or savings to repay debts
- Do not have any income or property that could legally be taken away by a creditor
- Have committed fraud against creditors by hiding assets, providing false information on a credit application, or purchasing items on a credit card intending to discharge the debt through bankruptcy
- Expect to sink deeper into debt in the future due to upcoming medical costs or other expenses
- Have a friend or relative who cosigned a loan and would be held responsible for the debt
- Have previously received bankruptcy relief
The attorneys at the law firm of Marcus H. Herbert & Associates can guide you through the bankruptcy process. We are ready to put more than 34 years of combined experience to work for you.
A Free Consultation to Answer All of Your Bankruptcy Questions
We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.